Do you often receive the “Plugged in not charging” alert from your laptop’s system even when it’s plugged in? If yes, your laptop cell has encountered a technical problem and isn’t working properly.
What can be the potential of this phenomenon? Is there any way for gateway laptop battery troubleshooting? This article will reveal to you the most practical and useful methods to fix the common issues. Let’s begin!
- Why Is My Computer Not Charging While It Is Plugged In?
- Gateway Laptop Battery Troubleshooting: Useful Tips
- The Bottom Line
Why Is My Computer Not Charging While It Is Plugged In?
Before delving into methods to improve your laptop battery, it’s better to take a closer look at some possible root causes. Understanding the problem deeply will make repairing faster and more precise. Scroll down!
BIOS Update Is Obsolete
Maybe the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) gets into some trouble, but you aren’t aware of this issue. Your laptop may need a new update for the device to identify and fully charge the cell.
The software has the main function of reading the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) cell. Thus, if BIOS is out of date, the replacement battery can’t interact accurately with the software in the system. That’s why the cell is always not fully charged!
Your Device Gets Extreme Temperature
When your computer is overheating, your battery heats up very quickly too. Sudden temperature rise can cause the cell sensor to work improperly. For instance, your device may send you some misfire detected alert like fully charged or not charging messages.
Even in some worse cases, your system automatically and suddenly powers off to avoid overheating the cell and leading to a fire. This problem often happens with old laptops or devices used on a closed surface like a bed or couch.
The Connector Is Insecure
After a period of use, your connection is at risk of accumulating dust or other residues inside. That’s why your connector is loose and shaky. If this situation persists long enough, your power jack will break inside the device chassis.
At that time, you cannot repair this serious technical error yourself but need to get a professional to fix it.
The Power Cord Breaks
You often think the cause of this condition is system software. That’s not all. Hardware such as a power cord or AC brick is also one of the reasons why the system slows down or doesn’t charge.
Let’s check the power cord and AC brick to figure out whether any breaks or kinks and expanded or warped signs appear. If yes, you need to replace them with new ones.
Ac Adapter Isn’t Running Properly.
The faulty AC adapter is also the cause of the faulty cell. You can check by removing the battery from the device. Then, start the laptop and observe whether it runs from the AC adapter. In the case it doesn’t work, there is something bad happening to your adapter.
Gateway Laptop Battery Troubleshooting: Useful Tips
After gaining a deep knowledge of the causes of gateway cell issues, it’s time to fix this problem. If you are unsure how to deal with it, here are some practical methods. Let’s take a closer peek!
Tip #1: Update BIOS
- Step 1: Visit www.gateway.com
- Step 2: Click on the tab “Support” on the top.
- Step 3: Tap the heading “Downloads & Support Documents”.
- Step 4: Depending on your laptop type, select “Netbook” or “Notebook”.
- Step 5: Choose the accurate series number and model for your device.
- Step 6: If done, click on the “Confirm” button.
- Step 7: Move to the tab “ BIOS”. If you see an announcement about a new BIOS update, it will be announced here.
- Step 8: Tap the “Download” button and observe the process completed.
Tip #2: Update Driver Automatically
- Step 1: Download Driver Easy and install it on your laptop.
- Step 2: Once successfully installed, start it and click on the button “Scan Now”.
Driver Easy will immediately scan your laptop and discover any malfunctioning drivers.
- Step 3: Tap the button “Update” next to the Battery Management Device section to download the right version of your device driver automatically.
Alternatively, you can click on the button “Update All” at the bottom of the window screen to automatically download and install the accurate version of the lost or old drivers on your operating system.
- Step 4: Restart your laptop. Your cell should be charged properly later.
Tip #3: Uninstall And Reinstall Compliant Control Method Battery
- Step 1: Open the Run utility by pressing the Window + R keys simultaneously on the keyboard. Type the chain of letters “devmgmt.msc,” and press the Enter key to redirect to Device Manager.
- Step 2: Double-click on the “Batteries” section. Right-click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in the new window and choose the “Uninstall device” option.
- Step 3: Scroll down and tap the button “Uninstall”.
- Step 4: Turn off your device and separate the AC adapter.
- Step 5: Remove the battery from your laptop. Do a press and hold operation of the power button for about 30 seconds and then release it.
- Step 6: Reinsert the cell and plug the charger into your device.
- Step 7: Start your laptop. When signing in to your system, the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be automatically reinstalled.
If not, you need to perform some troubleshooting. Follow the instruction below:
- Press Windows and R keys to launch the Run utility.
- Type “devmgmt.msc,” and press the Enter key. Device Manager will appear right away.
- Click on the “Batteries” option. Then, tap the “Action” section and choose “Scan For Hardware Changes”. Wait a few seconds, and then the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be automatically reinstalled on your device.
The Bottom Line
We have shared with you the most useful methods related to gateway laptop battery troubleshooting. You can apply one of them to make your cell system work properly again. Besides, we also figured out the primary reasons for this common technical issue.
Hopefully, you will find this post helpful for your task!
Hi, I am Paul Sullivan, one of the team leaders here at Laptop Battery One. We are love sharing our knowledge and research about Laptops, Batteries, and Power Accessories with you. At Laptop Battery One, we strive to be the ultimate resource for learning everything about Laptop Batteries & Accessories, Electronics, External Power, Solar Providers!